Astor Piazzolla & his orchestra
TANGOS GALORE! – The spring concert turned out to be a very intimate and special concert evening.
Our master piano instructor Celine Gaurier-Joubert and her father Jacques Gaurier performed a number of duets exploring argentine musical repertoire, mostly works by the master of tango Astor Piazzolla.
Towards the end of the performance, everybody was so delighted with their performance that they demanded another number! Celine then simply proceeded to sight read a score and delighted the audience some more!
The evening really had a very special feeling – a feeling of old friends discovering timeless musical sounds in a very intimate social setting.
Celine’s students also performed with Jacques Gaurier in a number of special duets for piano and violin.
The performances on the evening included:
PART I OF THE EVENING:
- Ross – Improvisation in A
- Peter – Don’t Shoot The Pianist, by Oriol
- Anthony -Allegro in g, by bach, Wiosna by Chopin, Blue Sky blues, by Stapleton
- Frances – Allegro in F, by JC Bach, Adelita, by Tarrega, For Lydia, by Darius Brubeck
- Philip – Sonata op 1, 2nd mvt, by Brahms
- Diane – Le Gibet, by Ravel
Sonata op 13, No 8, by Beethoven
- 1st mvt – Santiago
- 2nd Mvt – Aurelien
- 3rd Mvt – Philip
PART II OF THE EVENING:
Duets with Our Special Guest Jacques Gaurier
- Frances – Divertissement, by Gluck
- Aurelien – Quebra Queixo
- Diane – El Dia Que Me Quieras, by Gardel
- Santiago – Vuelva Al Sur, Astor Piazzolla
Celine Gaurier-Joubert & Jacques Gaurier
- Los Suenos – Astor Piazzolla
- Street Tango – Astor Piazzolla
- Milonga Del Angel – Astor Piazzolla
- To Do Bueno Aires – Astor Piazzolla