- You learn from others in the class. This is a tremendous advantage as you can see the mistakes that others make and avoid those mistakes. In fact at the highest level of piano virtuosi study classes are generally in masterclass and group format. The reasons for this are that individuals have the opportunity to listen to others, analyse each other’s playing, have the opportunity to listen (as you will not always be playing; hence there’s no pressure) and have the benefit of hearing sound advice on their playing with a master teacher in front of a class. At a beginner/intermediate level, this works in a similar manner and is proven to be a HIGHLY EFFECTIVE method of learning. The most noteworthy thing to consider is the level of your instructor. At the London Piano Institute, we have the highest level of piano training for your benefit.
- Learning in a group format adds a social side to learning that does not exist in a private one-to-one consultation. You can meet new acquaintances in a like-minded setting. You can even arrange “jam sessions” with your piano playing partner or trio. The sky is the limit, and you have options to enjoy your musicality that a one-to-one piano student simply does not have.
- Some of the world’s biggest business seminars and conferences are held in group formats. One reason for this is that it would be far too expensive (in terms of time and money) for the speaker and clients to have a one-to-one meeting with 500 invitees. Great lessons can be learned in group formats. There’s an electrifying atmosphere in a seminar that’s difficult to enjoy on a one-to-one basis.
- Learning in a group format allows for ideas to bounce off from fellow piano students. Aside from learning from each other’s mistakes, you will also learn from each other’s successes.
- You can play duets with other piano partners that will be invaluable to your piano learning and playing in the long term. (Unfortunately, a lot of solo musicians or solo music learners never understand how to play with others)
Options for group piano lessons with The London Piano Institute
At The London Piano Institute, you can choose between group lessons in person or online.
Please visit the following URLs to select your option: